Design and Wafer Fabrication
The Defence Micro Electronics Activity (DMEA) in Sacramento California has signed a CRADA (Corporate Research & Development Agreement) with Eltek as part of our commitment to resolving critical obsolescence issues.
This CRADA allows Eltek to work with DMEA to solve obsolescence problems for many of its European customers.
DMEA was established by the Office of the Secretary of Defence (OSD) to jointly act as the DOD Center for microelectronics acquisition, transformation, and support. It has one of the most advanced flexible foundries in the world and has the potential to replicate a variety of wafer fabrication processes as and when needed.
DMEA offers a wide variety of services, including:
- Design analog, digital, and mixed signal integrated circuits
- Design hybrid and multichip module products
- Develop VHDL product descriptions
- Map obsolete technologies to state-of-the-art applications
- Provide consulting services to assess applications of advanced microelectronics technologies
- Fabricate full custom standard cell CMOS VLSI
- Fabricate hybrid and multichip module (MCM) substrates
- Synthesize VHDL product descriptions into ASICs
- Fabricate personalized gate arrays
- Re-host legacy gate arrays on DMEA process lines
- Assemble and test integrated circuits
- Assemble and test hybrids and MCM
When coupled with Eltek's manufacturing and test capabilities, the partnership offers a complete solution to even the most intractable obsolete component problems.
Eltek has access to a range of legacy foundry technologies which are suitable for the replacement of obsolete components. These include;
- CMOS (5 to 20 Volt)
- N-CMOS (5 Volt)
- PMOS (5 Volt)
- DMOS (85 Volt)
- BiCMOS (5 to 15 Volt)